Hey Capo -

I didn't meet him in person, but talked on the phone with him. In any event, glaring errors and liberties aside, he seemed to know quite a bit (tho not like, say, a Turnbull )

In any event, the author didn't just go out and write the book. Puzo's publisher (Random House) had a "contest" to determine who would write the sequel to the novel. The idea was fine with Puzo before he died, and, his estate was behind it as well. So you can't blame the author for writing it. Only if he didn't write it well.

I'm only a third of the way thru it, and haven't been fact-checking like some others here. But apparently there are a bunch of continuity errors or just plan "falsehoods" (if that's possible in fiction).

I think people should give it a chance. Any GF fan should at least consider this as at least interesting and up for discussion.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations