I decided to post my opinion of GFR before reading what all of you thought of it. However, by a couple of the topic titles here, I get the drift.

Anyway, I tried to view it openly, and as a new story. The first few chapters, particularly the plane crash with Gerasi seemed pretty interesting, and I thought perhaps this will be a decent read. Although, I can't recall "exact" quotes, much of the time I didn't feel like the Michael talking was the Michael we all know.

I didn't buy Fredo's being gay (or bi) at all. Fredo was dorky, and a wimp, but I just don't think someone who bangs cocktail waitresses two at a time as being "bi". I guess to me, it seemed that was just thrown in the story, with no real reason to put in in.

I found the Francesca Corleone storyline, particularly in the end kept my interest more than the rest of.

Truth of the matter is, I had to force myself to finish the book and was kind of bored during most of it. Of course I wanted to read it, or I wouldn't have bought it, but could have easily tossed it before I was half done.

Bottom line I was extremely disappointed and hope they don't make a movie of this book. I really think that the author, whether he is considered a good writer or not, was the wrong one to pen this book. Anyone of us could do a much better job. My grade is a D (and I guess I'm being generous. )

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon