(posted as per request)

As I stated in the "Should an Italian have written GFR" thread, one big problem I have with it is that Winegardner basically put himself into the story as Nick Geraci, and hyped that character up as being the deadliest opponent Michael has faced yet. Look at the similarities between Winegardner himself and Geraci, and you'll see what I mean.

The one thing that REALLY gets to me, though, is what happens to Geraci at the end of the novel. Now, in the book and all three movies, at the end ALL the family's enemies get killed, and the family settles ALL business. But at the end of GFR guess who's the ONLY person to live? You guessed it: Geraci. Now although I wouldn't call living like a hermit or whatever the hell it is he does (I just skimmed through that part because I was already bored from the rest of that crap) winning, he's the ONLY person, EVER, to not get killed when Michael initiates his grand scheme and kills all his enemies. That's complete bullcrap, and way too obvious to be a coincidence.

So in conclusion, yet another problem is Winegardner hypes his own character (who is obviously a souped up, badass version of himself) over other characters to live out some kind of dream or fantasy of his own.

Wayne

"Finance is a gun. Politics is knowing when to pull the trigger."
Don Lucchesi