I wanted to like this book so much. As a fan of the Godfather book and movies I wanted this to be at the very least a decent read. It wasn't!

The first half of the book had far too many large sections on nothing. Pointless bullshit just to explain away plot points used later in the book.

The second half improved but only slightly.

Overall the book was mudled (even allowing for the fact that the timescale was so fractured), and had none of the class of the original novel or GFI & GFII.

Winegardner even has Michael sitting at a cheap (IKEA type) desk with his guests sitting on orange plastic seats!! And the "Fred Corleone show"??? Enough already!

Another thing, why no mention of Frankie Pentangelli? He plays a fairly large part in GFII but has absolutely no mention in any part of this book? Was he abducted by aliens????

I have so much anger that I'm finding it hard to be articulate about it.....STUPID F**K!

I wonder what FFC thinks about this? He will be closer to the thought processes of Mario Puzo than maybe anybody else. Do you have his e-mail address JG? It would be interesting to hear his comments!