Quote:
Originally posted by Don Provalone:
An observation - in a B.Dalton's book store in DC last week, the GFR was on the Best Seller's table on on a vertical rack near the front door. I passed by there today - GFR was removed from the Best Seller's table and the vertical rack was moved waaaay to the far side of the glass entrance. In fact, you would have to make an effort to find it. Mind you, it was not placed on the New Fiction table or the Ideal Gift table. It was not on the racks behind the cashiers.

Moreover, it had been 'priced to move' and was still not moving. The orignal price was $26.95 - they marked it down to $18.16 ($20.00 for non-book club members). There were still plenty of books on the rack.

I am slowly being purged of my guilt for not being able to connect with GFR. When a new release cannot be easily found at the start of the Christmas shopping season, that is not a good signal. It is still early, so this book may still turn the corner, but right now, at least in one major location, the book is wearing cement shoes.

Anyone else have 'bookstore' location assessments?
Amazon has lowered the price from $18.86 to $17.79.