Mike dropping out to join the CC?! I dont think so.
"Why dont you just quit college and join the Army"
"I did" That to me, pretty much tells me Mike was in school during Pearl Harbor. There was also a passage about him wanting to join the Air Force but he was under 5'10". I'm not an expert on this subject, but when I was a kid my dad took me to see one of those B52s and my dad asked a question about hight requirements for the "belly gunner" or whatever that guy was called, because the bubble was way to small for him to fit in. The tour guide responded that at that time a lot of guys werent much taller than 5'7".Again, I'm not too knowledgeable in that. I know there's more things I'm fogetting to complain about, but I know I'll remember them when I post this.

The one thing I think is somewhat humerous is the Kennedy character.

EDIT- Ah yes, you see I remembered. In the flashback part of the book, Michael would rather go to school than visit his father in the hospital.Fredo tries to make him go, but it doesnt work. Sonny would have kicked the living daylights out of him, not to mention the fact he would probably go out of respect for his father,wanting to be a man like him or not.

EDIT- B17 not B52

If winners never lose, well, then a loser sure can sing the blues.