SPOILERS ABOUT FREDO!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by SC:
[quote]Originally posted by Don Provalone:
[b] However, overall, the book strikes me as a 'forced' effort. Perhaps my view is jaded and my expectations are based on the GF book.... Any reaction folks?
That pretty much sums up my feelings about what I've read so far.

He (Winegardner) had some big shoes to fill, and his book doesn't live up to its predecessor. Perhaps if we all weren't such "Godfather" fanatics we'd be more "open" to his sequel, but apparently we're not (open) to it and I guess thats the price Winegardner has to pay for writing a follow-up to such a beloved book. [/b][/quote]SC,
I am probably NOT as far into the book yet as you are. I am really trying to read this with an open mind and without high expectations. I gotta say though, so far for the most part I am enjoying it somewhat, that is except that he made Fredo into a bi-sexual! I don't know about anyone else here, but even though Fredo was not one of the sharpest tools in the shed, I always liked the character. Hey, how can I believe that this guy was a bi-sexual when he was actually banging cocktail waitresses two at a time!

But I intend to go on with an open mind while reading this book.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.