as i was saying yesterday before all hell broke loose....

Notre Dame HATERS: the irish have the toughest schedule EVERY YR b/c they are the only team who plays a VARIETY. an sec school or a big 12 school for example gets to play the same teams every yr. they swap tapes w/ fellow conference coaches during the summer, they go to conference coaches conventions and clinics and discuss the upcoming seasons opponents,they recruit from the same pool of kids, parts of their staff were coaches elsewhere in the conference,etc. however.... notre dame who 'chose' to be an independent about 120 yrs ago will play california teams, then a few from the big 11, then sneak in a georgia tech, or tennessee like last season, or miami in the late 80s or florida st in the early 90's. notre dame was the first team to travel the country looking for someone's ass to kick. this is why south bend is called the cradle of college football. and as i said earlier, they still travel the country MORE than ANYONE else looking for someone's ass to kick.

I12--the big 12 is NOT lacking talent i assure you. if we had a tourney between the big 12 big 10 SEC and pac-10 i can assure you many a' gambler would pick the big 12. 0-4 colorado lost to georgia by a pt last week..... and texas was put in the top 5 this season b/c they returned more than a majority of starters from last yrs national championship team. yes texas gets a break by playing rice and sam houston, but texas/texasatm/oklahoma will always be one of the perennial favorites b/c of TEXAS HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL. it is the fountainhead of college football and a texas school is always dangerous. (remember texas atm almost beating texas in last yrs final reg season game with a qb who had never taken a college snap?)