Quote:
Originally posted by Don Alessandrio:
I was just busting your balls. I think they are all worthy of teh Label best college player of all-time. My one arguement against Walton and Alcindor is that they were part of championship teams but they were not the only great players on those teams. UCLA was just a dominant force in those days and it took more than one player to make UCLA that. I think you have to compare numbers not titles.
If you compare numbers, then you have to place Pete Maravich as the greatest of all time. 44.2 points per game over his career, including over 45 a game as a senior.

I think you put Alcindor on any team and they are a threat for the title. He was a career 26 ppg/15 rpg player. He definitely had the numbers too, and could have scored much more if he wanted to. He had 56 points in his first varsity game, but both he and Coach Wooden decided that a more balanced attack would work just as well.

If you compare numbers and not titles in the NBA, you would have to say that Wilt Chamberlain was miles ahead of Bill Russell.