Quote:
Originally posted by Don Cardi:
Speaking about a player on Waivers. I have a question.

If a player is on waivers, let's say until Saturday, and I put in for him on Thursday, why doesn't YAHOO allow it to be a 'Pending' waiver claim?
It is a pending claim. It's just not guaranteed that you'll get him.

Quote:
Instead, Yahoo says that you must wait for the date that the player actually comes off waivers BEFORE you can try to claim him.
The reason for the wait period is two-fold - (i) to give all league participants a chance to see who was waived (otherwise, the guy who checks his league every 5 minutes will have dibs on all waived players) and (ii)to prevent collusion.

Quote:
Why not allow somone to put in for a player thats already on the player list that clears waivers in say two days or so, and leave it as 'Pending' until that player comes off of waivers? Why should you have to actually wait until the exact day that the player comes off of waivers to actually make the claim on the Yahoo site?
You can make your claim anytime the guy has a waiver designation. You just won't know if your waiver claim is a "good" claim (i.e. you actually get the player you want) until the wait period is up.