JG - Here's what I wrote on September 7:

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Sicilia:
In regard to waiver position:

We will not be doing it the way Yahoo regularly does it, which is a cumulative positioning initially based on one's draft position.

This year, we are trying something new. Every Tuesday (around the time plaw or I post scores), we will reset the waiver position to the reverse order of whatever Yahoo places us in the standings. For the Head-2-Head league, the standings are sorted by winning percentage, then points. For the Points League, standings are by points. This way, players lower in the standings are given a better chance to improve their teams.

During the week, if teams make waivers, the movement in waiver position will follow standard Yahoo procedure.

I know this sounds a bit muddled, but really, it's pretty straightforward in practice.

As for Week 1, the waiver position will be by reverse order of draft position.
I don't know what you mean by "luck of the draw"? Just my opinion, but I feel that winning percentage is just as good an indication of team strength as points, especially in a H-2-H league. Also, points are taken into account when comparing teams with the same records.