Commissioner's Note

Glad to be back, guys. Pretty interesting draft we had for the points league. It's too early to tell but my autodraft makes me nervous. My whole year rests on the gimpy shoulder of Clinton Portis and how I recover from the wasted 3rd round pick of Domanick Davis. My receiver position is a mess as well.

I just wanted to remind you all:

H-2-H Draft is tonight, Wednesday September 6th @ 7:00pm Eastern

Also, I know some of you requested this and I wanted to make sure it's clear before our draft tonight.

Rules on Non-Playing Teams for the Head-to-Head League

Hopefully, we won't have to resort to this since the H-2-H League was by-invite-only and I trust you guys to play the entire year, but if we ever come to a situation like last year where some guys just stop playing to the detriment of the league, I wanted to lay out my rules on it.

Plainly put, it's 2 Strikes and You're Out. Strikes are simple. If in any particular week, you play a player that:

- is on a bye week
- or is clearly not playing and listed as "Out" or "NA" or "IR"
- or you leave any roster positions empty

... you get a strike for that week. If a strike occurs, I will inform the league each Tuesday when I post the scores.

In my opinion, those are the only things that should count as strikes. I am not here to legislate strategy so if you want to play a "Doubtful" DeShaun Foster, go ahead. If you choose not to help yourself through Free Agency, that's your choice. But if you play a player that is clearly not playing, then you're hurting the competitive balance of the league and in the words of Vito, "that, I do not forgive."

Just to be clear, even if you have multiple infractions in the same week (e.g. you have one player on bye, one player on IR, etc...), that still counts as only one strike. Strikes are for weeks, not for individual instances in any particular week.

What happens after you get a second strike? You're out. You will be locked from making any more changes to your team. Control of the team will be shifted to the League of Commissioners (JG, Plaw, DMC and myself) and we will objectively decide on the best team possible from every week thereafter. The locked team will not be able to make any trades and can only make free agent acquisitions if the team is in dire need of filling roster spots (* subject to the Commissioner's discretion). If the locked team is playing someone in the League of Commissioners in any particular week, the playing Commissioner will step aside and the remaining two Commissioners will decide on the locked team's line-up.

There is one way to erase a strike though. If you decide to leave a roster spot open because you believe there were no viable replacements in your line-up or on Free Agency and you can convince me of that by PM or through the boards, then I will erase the strike against you.

Please let me know what you think.