If the Gangster BB decided to hold a Fantasy Poker Game for the Poker Championship of the BB, I would play exactly the same way as I do when I play for money.

If I'm playing to win, I'm playing to win.

The game will not be "completely different" and there's no reason why it should be.

Unless everyone playing in a poker game for "fun" doesn't care of they win or lose so they call every bet and stay in every single hand until the last card.

But then, the author is wrong because "both games are not poker."

As far as the "reality" of fantasy sports is concerned....

If the goal is to make it resemble reality as much as possible, what's wrong with that?

Obviously, it's not reality, but it's certainly based on reality.

Maybe I don't get his point there.

He says "The only strategy should be knowing the league's scoring system and knowing which players will perform the best according to that scoring system. That's the skill in fantasy sports, IMO.'

Well, yeah....that and a few other factors, but who didn't know that and what does that have to do with trying to make the game realistic?

We know that fantasy sports aren't gonna be a duplicate or real sports...

So what?

And, if we do want to make it duplicate reality exactly, it's very easy to do so.

Figure out a scoring system, and then create a Points Only League in which everyone drafts entire MLB teams instead of individual players.

Then at the end of the season the winner will be the actual MLB team that has the most points and the results of the your league will exactly mirror the results of real life.

You draft the Yankees, the Yankees as a team in real life score more points under your scoring system than any other team, you win.

"Difficult....not impossible"