Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]PL: And I don't like the frustration of having a guy rush for 98 or 99 yards, and only getting 9 points - with the additional 8 or 9 yards wasted. [/b]
You mean you don't like the frustration of having your guy wasting those 8 or 9 yards. :p Seriously though, it's an interesting idea. I like it.

Regarding offensive fumbles, DMC probably is right since Yahoo gave DB the example, but I always thought the rule applied to all offensive players. This rule probably won't even apply at all this year, so don't think I'm nitpicking about it, I'm just curious from an NFL fan's perspective. Let's use Super Bowl XXXIV as an example, the Rams-Titans thriller, since it fits this scenario perfectly. I always thought the NFL had the offense can't advance a fumble rule to prevent teams from purposely fumbling the football when they were wrapped up and about to be tackled. Otherwise, on that play, Kevin Dyson merely has to fumble the football in the hopes one of his teammates recovers it and scores a touchdown. The same could be said on any such play as time is running down or already expired. As soon as the player with the ball is about to be tackled, he can merely fumble the ball and hope his teammates somehow score. The chances are remotely slim, but they are better than the zero percent chance the ballcarrier has since he's already wrapped up.

I would expect Yahoo to know this, but then again, they can't seem to figure out the DL in the baseball game , so maybe they don't know how the NFL works all too well either.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.