What's with the congrats, Plaw? I take that as an insult.
Thanks for the congratulations, but didn't you read the part about trash talking in the article? I expect a little something thrown back in my face. Let's face it, Plaw is slippin.

I'll definately be in both leagues. The only reason I sat out baseball was due to time constraints. I know I can set my lineup weekly and still participate, but it's just not the same. I'll use a poker analogy, since I know you're so familiar with it. Playing weekly when everyone else is playing daily is like playing hold 'em, except you only look at 1 out of 7 hands, while all the other players check their hole cards each hand. Even though I have less time during football season due to teaching and coaching, I'm still on an even playing field with the rest of the league. Getting back to participating in both leagues, DB might have a little something up his sleeve this year. We've been PMing back and forth with some interesting little ideas. I'm sure he's talked to you about it already, but I tried to send you a PM this morning to ask your opinion just in case, but it was full.

I really liked the idea of the auction for free agents. Especially with a free site such as Yahoo, which is slower than molasses when it comes to updating. In my baseball league, Wakefield still isn't listed as DL on the site, so I have had to wait to put him on my DL and open up a roster spot. As a result, another owner just went on today and picked up the 2 players I was considering to take Wakefield's spot. I agree it would be a little too much for the purposes of our league.

I agree with you about trades and the schedule idea. In the 9 or so years I've been playing fantasy sports, I've never had a problem in a league about an unfair trade. I've seen lots of one-sided trades, but never one where the two owners were in cahoots trying to pull a fast one. I like the idea of the playoffs because it adds another element of skill to the game which relies heavily on luck. Plus, even though week 17 is considered a bad week for fantasy purposes due to players whose teams have clinched sitting out, this does happen in week 16 as well, which is championship week in a lot of leagues.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.