Tonight the all-star rosters will be announced, so it got me thinking about the selection process again. Fans voting in the starters isn't always the perfect scenario, but for the most part, the fans generally do a pretty good job. One aspect that is increasingly becoming a problem, IMO, is the managerial selections.

Now, I made sure to post this before the rosters were announced so it doesn't look like I'm complaining just because the players whom I wanted selected didn't make it. Ozzie Guillen has made it very clear he intends to select as many White Sox as possible. As a Twins fan and season ticket holder, I think it would be a travesty if Joe Mauer didn't make it, but most of the writers around here seem convinced that A.J. Pierzynski will be selected as the other catcher, leaving a .390 hitter home.

I know they had different selection processes in the past. I think that fans should still choose the starters, but then all the managers should vote for the rest of the players, not just the manager of last year's pennant winner.

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.