The off season has still been quite interesting following on from the draft and thought there's some good points for discussion that probably don't deserve their own thread but can be bunched together here. Maybe you'd like to add your own.
  • Ricky Williams heads to the CFL as what was rumoured. I have completely mixed feelings on this. I genuinely want to see how he does and will watch the CFL until the NFL starts like I do most years. I’ve come to even defend the guy now, he’s being a good team mate now and saying all the right things. He wasn’t busted for weed again and the substance hasn’t been released still. For now I’m giving him the benefit of the doubt because of, for example, cases in the past of nandrolone found in meats. So I kind of wish him well until his return. On the other hand the example the CFL is showing to take on banned NFL athletes is no good. Whilst they’re separate operations the alliance shared between them should be enough not to encourage contradictions in substance abuse rulings.
  • The decision is out regarding Steve McNair and his contractual rights with the Titans’ facilities. Ruling in the player’s favour I know the right decision has been made. I honestly cannot even fathom how the Titans thought they could get away or even defend this confidently that they could think they’d win.
  • Now I’m genuinely confused with the Jets QB situation. Maybe you egg yolkers, I mean New Yorkers, can shed some light on it. The media and fans seem to have little faith in Pennington getting back to his best, despite positive reports today on his rehab. In a situation like this isn’t a proven veteran the best option to have if Pennington, a) doesn’t make it back in time or, b) goes down again. Maybe that could be Ramsey but I’ve never been completely sold on him. I do however like the 2nd rounder Clemens. Could he be the future?
  • Yes I know this is quite old news now but Flutie retiring should have made a few waves here. A guy who genuinely loved to play the game and based on his career he can always be regarded as successful. No he wont make the HOF but guys like this should be celebrated.
  • For those still with me I wanted some input regarding Santonio Holmes being arrested. The details themselves sound sketchy so as usual I’ve reserved judgement because I haven’t heard of any previous similar type of behaviour from him. Any Buckeye (Goombah) wish to inform me?

So die all who betray Giuliano