That doesn't make them the best hitting team in the majors, IMO.

I'm not saying they're not a good hitting team, and if you look at my past picks, I seldom if ever go against them at home, one of the better hitting parks in the majors (which accounts for, in large part, their good hitting records. Check their splits for home games vs. road games. That, IMO, is one of the most significant splits to look at as there is - not something like "a team's record on Saturdays" )

It's all about runs...that's how teams win games, and in this games the runs that a pitcher allows are the largest basis for deductions.

Just two quick examples - there are loads more: Colorado and the Cubs both have higher team batting averages than the Mets - would you say that they're better hitting teams than the Mets are?

As far as Radke vs. Schmidt goes....

Minnesota, in Radke's last 13 starts, has gone 10-3 with Radke pitching 81.2 innings with an E.R.A. of 2.87

The Giants, in Schmidt's last 10 starts, are 4-6 with Schmidt pitching 62 innings with an E.R.A. of 4.21

Radke at home, Schmidt on the road.....Minny and the Dodgers hot teams, Toronto and San Fran not.....Radke the hotter pitcher recently......

Not to say that Schmidt won't go out there and pitch a shutout while Radke gets bombed, but that's how I figured it.

BTW....when you talk about which team is the best hitting team in the majors, you have to throw in some kind of adjustment for the AL vs. the NL because of the designated hitter.

When you do, I'm sure a few NL teams move past Toronto.

Or, you can just look at the AL separately....

"Difficult....not impossible"