Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:

)Note to DC.....

How does a big Mets fan like you miss a doubleheader with them? )
Fair point Plaw and a good question. However, this big Mets fan has seen Willie Randolph's style of managing over the last two seasons and when I made my picks for today I figured that Randolph would sit big hitters like Delgado, Beltran, etc. and rest these guys before the break and give many of his 2nd tier bench guys some playing time instead. I actually made my picks for today, early yesterday morning, before last night's game. And what did Randolph do last night? Exactly what I figured he would do. And I'm betting that he is going to do the same thing today. So being that I felt that Randolph would rest many of his big guns and the fact that the Mets pitching hasn't really been that impressive over the last few weaks, and a non proven pitcher is going for them today, I decided that the DoubleHeader strategy is probably not worth it.

Add that to the fact that there is only 3 games left and I am pretty far behind, I figured that most who are above me would be going the doubleheader route and that I should take a shot and hopefully gain some respectable ground by going against what I figured all those above me would probably do.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.