OK....I see what you guys are saying.

My mistake. I've got myself confused here.

Lemme try it from this angle:

Here's what I said in my first post about this:

What strikes me is that I regard missing a day (unless it's planned and you've picked the best "two day team" that you can) a much more serious "offense" - one that should have a greater impact on your chances of winning - than accidentally being over the cap, yet the penalty for being over the cap is much greater.

I guess what I mean is that IMO missing the day (unless it's intentional) should be the worse mistake from the POV of - this is where I run into trouble because I don't know exactly how to label it - let's call it "gamesmanship".

I dunno...maybe being over the cap is a "stupider" mistake to make or something.....

Changing your team every day is such an important part of the way we play that we've always regarded it as the most serious mistake you could make.....

As I say....I can't really explain why I think missing a day is the more serious mistake, I just think that it is, or should be.

But it isn't, because you define the seriousness of the mistake by its penalty, and the penalty for being over the cap is greater.

"Difficult....not impossible"