Yeah, I know what the rules say, and the fact that this is the wekend has nothing to do with my point except reinforce it somewhat, since not only do teams always play on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, but virtually almost always on Tuesday and Wednesday as well, making five days out of seven that someone can commit the horrendous mistake of not changing their team ang getting away with it.

In fact, with a little bit of luck, they could theoretically do better than they would have had they changed their team.

My point is that the way we play, a style in which changing your team every day is almost imperative if you want to maximize your score, I find it to be somewhat of an anomaly that the penalty for not changing your team is less than the penalty for being over the cap.

I know what the rules say and I'm not suggesting that they be changed because obviously you could not have a rule which states that you must change your team every day - that's what makes it an anomaly to me.

Forget the rules for a moment (yeah, I know, you can't "forget" the rules.....)

If you were going to make one mistake during the course of the season, which mistake would you prefer to make?

Being over the cap, or forgetting to change your team?

I think that anyone in our league would prefer making the latter mistake to the former, which means that they consider the former mistake to be the worse mistake of the two, which to my way of thinking means that the penalty for that mistake should be greater.

Maybe this is more of a conundrum than an anomaly

"Difficult....not impossible"