Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
What I [b]DO want to know -- what I DEMAND TO KNOW IS.....

How the hell can you take Batista tonight when you have pitchers like Pedro and Carpenter going? [/b]
DON CARDI : "Don't ask me about my business, Plaw..."

PLAW : "Is it true that you took Batista?"

DON CARDI : " Don't ask me about my business..."

PLAW : "No."

DON CARDI (as he slams his hand on the desk) "Enough!"

(then)

"Alright. This one time [Cardi points his finger] -- this one time I'll let you ask me about my affairs..."

Well first of all I figured that the majority here would go with either Carpenter ot Pedro. I then figured that most may go with Carpenter over Pedro because the thinking is that the Mets/Phillies matchup tonight could be a real tough game. And I also happen to think that tonights game can be a real close and tough one. Pedro is a spectacular 6 - 0. But he just may be due for a loss, and being that they are on the road against a tough division team, I decided to stay away from Pedro this time around.

Now Arizona, who I believe is what, 4th in the league in pitching, is playing a very weak Pittsburgh team. Pitts has lost more than they've won at home, and Arizona has played above .500 on the road. They have won 7 of their last 8, losing a close one to the Reds, and are pretty hot coming up against a very weak Pitt team. In his last outing Batista pitched a solid 7 innings only giving up 1 earned run.

So figuring in all that I mentioned above with the fact that I am back in the standings, I thought that Batista may be a decent bet for me and a chance for me to pick up some ground in the standings if the majority went with Pedro or Carpenter.

Do you always go with the favorites in every race Plaw?

[PLAW leaves the room to fix Don Cardi a drink. At the same time, SC, Gina, and Letizia enter the office. SC shakes Cardi's hand. Plaw turns his head to watch
them. They embrace Cardi, then kiss his hand.]

SC (kissing Cardi's hand) "Batista..."

[Lavinia kisses Cardi's hand as Gina shuts the door blocking Plaw's view]

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.