Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
How about something like so much per point, and you get, say, 3-2 odds?

Like if you win you get maybe 30 cents a point, but if your opponent ( :rolleyes: ) wins he gets only 20 cents a point?

Or do you mean a straight side bet, regardless of the points differential - whoever has more points at the end is the winner - and you get, say 3-2 money odds or something?
Sounds good! But I was only joking around Plaw. The hedge that I was talking about is the bet placed to hedge the other one where that you've already locked in.

Last July, when I was in Vegas I put 100 "points" down on the NFL GIANTS to win the SuperBowl getting 60 - 1. Once they made it to the playoffs I hedged that bet by taking the other team that they were playing and would have considered doing so every week until they went into the SuperBowl. So basically I locked in some "points" by hedging that SB bet because as you know they got knocked out and although my SB bet became null and void, I made some "points" back the other way.

That's the kind of hedge I was talking about in my other post.

Ask Don T how I "scored points" during the football season playoffs by Hedging straight bets made in the early games with under and over bets/teasers in the later ones.

Anyway we are already a month into the season. If you would have proposed some kind of "friendly" wager before the season started, well then maybe I would have considered it. Keep it in mind for when Hockey and Football season rolls around.

Don Cardi

Don Cardi cool

Five - ten years from now, they're gonna wish there was American Cosa Nostra. Five - ten years from now, they're gonna miss John Gotti.