CS, I just realized we had identical lineups - Thome's my homey, too.

I've already experienced several "firsts" for the 2006 baseball season:

- My first Internet banning was yesterday. I was caught doing homework late Tuesday night, so my mom declared that I wouldn't be allowed on the computer the next day. This is just the beginning of a long season in which my mom and I will "fight" over schoolwork vs. baseball, but I didn't expect it this soon. What kills me is that the HW I was doing didn't even need to be done that night. Anyway, in a completely desperate move, I set my lineup for my school group in my computer class yesterday, and I gave my cousin my password to our group to set the same lineup when we got home. My mom ended up finding out about my bending the rules in the computer class, but, being the incredibly understanding mom that she is, she let me use the computer late last night after homework - it was at this time that I switched to Thome...whew! (Disclaimer: I'm not as bad as you might think I am with my schoolwork - I do procrastinate, but I always make sure I get it done. My problem is that I'm willing to sacrifice sleep to maintain both schoolwork and baseball, which my mom doesn't agree with... )

- The DH tonight marked the first game which was extremely personal and business for me. I felt like Jekyll and Hyde, cheering on guys like Taveras, Lane, and such, then getting upset when I realized I didn't have them on fantasy, then cursing myself for being so selfish and not focusing on the Astros' purpose. Not to mention all of the superstitious "strategies" I had going, as I watched the game.