Quote:
Originally posted by ginaitaliangirl:
Plaw, since you're a "fantasy parent," you'd never react that way, would you? :p And I already tried to get my mom and dad to join, so there's no hope in them joining the dark side.
A "fantasy parent"

Obviously schoolwork should come first, but you can always point out that playing these "silly" games have a value above and beyond that of being purely recreational.

They foster a sense of responsbility and self-discipline (particularly those games in which daily attention and participation is a must); they require certain planning and research skills and the ability to plan ahead (for things like a draft or looking at pitcher-hitter-ballpark matchups to find those which are most advantageous); there are also mathematical aspects to just about all of them (in staying under a salary cap and deciding where the trade-offs come into play); and psychological aspects as well (like in making trades or trying to figure out which players your opponents might pick in a salary cap game in which you have the lead and are trying to "play defense".

At least that's how I try and sell it to his mother :rolleyes: .

"Difficult....not impossible"