Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:

Your point about the Testerverde non TD a few years ago is understood. But all the other bad calls over the past 15 years all have the same thing in common: none were in the Super Bowl. And this wasn't a single bad call in the Super Bowl, it was several bad calls or no-calls. There is NO excuse to have such 2nd rate officiating in a game that 50+ million people watch.

I respect Holmgren for not publicly lashing out at the refs today. What I don't understand is how and why he kept quiet on the sidelines during the actual game. I would have been going ballistic if I was the head coach in a title game.
I know, flaws in the regular season could be big flaws in the Super Bowl however. I dont feel like the reason the officials sucked was because this was a more important game, I think they just sucked. We have more then enough technology to account for horseshit like we saw yesterday, and the fact that a coach can only use it twice at risk of a timeout when the REFS are the ones fucking up is absurd.

Coaches Challenges are a great thing, and there are several other places they should be useable, namely on penalties, and obvious no calls (like Pitt being well offsides on Hasselbecks pick and the fucking missed false start near the end) that should have been made. Let the coaches challenge most/all the complete fuck ups, not just a few of them.

I hate complaining about officails. I really do. But its just really necessary in the NFL. Between the Super Bowl, Polemalus pick taken away, and Steve Smiths td punt return against the Hawks where flags were picked up for no apperent reason (when they WERE thrown for an obvious reason....maybe the NFL just wanted their beloved overrated Delhome in the big one again) Im fucking fed up. The NFL needs to fix their ways. What a terrible month of playoff football