Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
I was saying that the scoring system is unfair to proctor, since he had no chance to earn the +8 for the save, while risking the -6 for the Blown Save.
Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
[Grabow] did technically botch a save opportunity, although he wasn't in there to specifically save the game -- if anything I'd call it a Botched Hold. He wasn't (at least as of yet) attributed with a Botched Save in the boxed score. Yet, I got the -6 for his being in a Save Opp w/o saving the game.
Same idea, basically.

However, Grabow came in in the 8th to hold the game, not save the game for 2 innings. The Proctologist was put in -- and was meant to -- hold and then save the game in the 9th to give Mo a night off. Proctor blew the save opp (as he always has); Grabow mearly blew holding the game in the 8th.

...and how can I not jab you for benching a 29-point pitching start?? I just didn't feel up to doing comments for everyone - but couldn't let that one pass...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations