Here's something to think about for next year...

Whereas, our current settings are to attribute -6 for a Save Opp and +8 for a Save (effectively devaluing a Save to +2 ( :rolleyes: ), with a "Botched Save" (not a stat category for some reason) effectively worth the -6 for the Save Opp)...

However, I just noticed today with one of my relievers... we're charging Botched Saves to ALL pitchers who were given a Save Opp whether or not they were attributed a Botched Save in the boxed scores.

Today, Grabow pitched .2 innings in relief, gave up a run on 3 hits -- granted, a shitty relief appearance -- but Pittsburgh came back to win the game in the bottom of the 11th (thanks, Freddy! ). He did technically botch a save opportunity, although he wasn't in there to specifically save the game -- if anything I'd call it a Botched Hold. He wasn't (at least as of yet) attributed with a Botched Save in the boxed score. Yet, I got the -6 for his being in a Save Opp w/o saving the game.

Is that how we want to do this? Attributing stats to players whether or not they're attributed them officially in the box scores?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations