Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I put much more thought into this than you think... If you're gonna knock my skills, please tell me: 1) How picking up and using Hamels last time out was a bad choice... and 2) how betting on Saunders was a terrible choice... Like ANYONE could estimate they'd both go 2 fucking innings for -20 something points EACH! :rolleyes:
I'm not knocking your skills - I know you put time and effort and research into this.

And I never said Hamels or Saunders were bad picks.

Hell, I got burned myself taking Saunders last week in the Salary Crap Game, didn't I? And how could you be faulted for using Hamels, as well as he'd pitched recently?

And I said something to the effect of "Who am I to be questioning your strategy decisions?"

I mean looking at reality, what have I really proved over the four seasons we've played these baseball games?

That I'm maybe 6% or 8% better than you?

How much of a difference has there been over these four years between you and me and DB and JL, and maybe DM and TM if they had played more?

Certainly we're all close enough in ability in these games to fairly state that luck plays a very large part in determining the winner - or at least helps a great deal.

"Difficult....not impossible"