The trade was initially much more complex, dealing with many more players. After a while, it just ended up being:

Zambrano for Howard
Penny for Beckett

Penny was DB's idea, to me it's basically the same quality pitcher at this point, and didn't really matter to me.

I went with Howard rather than Dunn because Dunn's AVG is shit, and Howard has the potential to hit almost as many dingers probably. My LF is "okay" - hopefully Holliday will pick it back up at Coors, and I still have (currently) hot hitters Reed Johnson & Juan Rivera.

I got a 1B bat I needed for when super-hot Adrián González cools off or to fill my Util position w/ someone other than a Huff or Lugo. And DB got a quality pitcher he needs desperately if his young SPs faulter. I needed Zambrano less because I only have like 33 starts left for the season anyway.

So, I see it beneficial to both of us. And hopefully not too beneficial for DB to pass me. :p

Edit: All this as Dunn hits #31 - doh!

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations