Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
skills presumably increase over time in those who take this seriously.
I dunno....it seems to me that I'm getting worse.

Yes, having JL aboard for season 3, and TM's performance the first half this year - both in Salary Cap - have made the competition tougher, but I seem to be doing worse myself, independent of those two factors.

As far as Yahoo goes, I attribute my performance - which, as you will see when the final tally is in is not gonna be as bad as you think it is - to mostly bad luck with injuries:

I basically lost my 6th and 7th round draft picks for the whole season due to injuries and got just about nothing from either.

I don't think anyone else was hurt as much by injuries as I was.

JG lost Lee and Sheffield for part/most of the season, but it's much easier to replace offensive players than it is to replace SPs.

DB lost Sheets for most of the season, but that's one guy.

I lost the guys I was counting on as my #2 and #3 starters.

Give me the 17 FPPG or close to that that Harden was averaging before his injury and that's another 200 points for me.

Then give me 11 or 12 FPPG for Patterson instead of Haren's 9, and it's another 50 or so.

If my 5 man rotation had been Santana, Halladay, Capuano, Harden, and what I could've honestly expected from Patterson for most of the season, I think I would have had a higher FPPG average for my 1-5 starters than anyone else.

And yeah, I guess complaining about injuries qualifies as a whine.

Of course there hasn't been too much whining about injuries this year because no one was really affected by them that much except for me, and I generally don't whine.

"Difficult....not impossible"