Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
My "lacking depth" pitching staff consists of 4 of the 10 top pitchers in the N.L, and 1 in the A.L., in ERA this season. 4 former CY Young winners. A rookie phenom that is a perfect 7-7 this season, with a 1.15 ERA, and another rookie that is 8-5 with a 2.49 ERA. If needed, I have Feliz Hernandez too. After a bad April and May, he's 6-2 in June and July with an ERA around 3.50. ....I don't think I'll be worrying too much about the depth of my SP. :p
You don't get anything in this game for being a former Cy Young winner, or having one rookie who's this and another who's that.

All that counts are Fantasy Points per game.

As far as Weaver goes, all it will take is that one inevitable blasting that will knock his FPPG average down into the realm of reality, altho he has been a phenom so far.

As far as JG's SP being deeper than yours, let me clarify my statement....

Since you've both been using 6 starers, if he replaces Zambrano with Robertson, he loses about 5 points per start.

If you replace Carpenter with Hernandez, you lose about 7.6 points per start.

His overall staff isn't really "deeper".

Actually, JL, now that I take a real close look, if you manage your SPs well the rest of the way, I don’t see JG having any chance to beat you.

Your #1 through #5 starters all have a higher FPPG average than his 1-5 does.

Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
PL 4263 19 4282 Somehow he gained on me I bet... :p
Stop being silly already.

This is like the 5th or 6th time for the same comment.

When I think I’ve gained on you even if the raw points say otherwise, then I’ll say so.

I never said so when I didn’t.

You’re the one that will use 3 starters and get 10 points while I use no starts on a given day, tie me in offense, and then claim that I didn’t gain on you because I might not get the 10 points back in the 3 starts.

"Difficult....not impossible"