Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
It's just that you're afraid to trade, and you think because you have a 400 lead in raw points, you're nice and safe.
I'm not afraid to trade - I'm just afraid to trade away my best pitchers. :p

Here's my analysis, and why I must say no to you:

PL would trade...

SS Tejada
2B Uggla

...for JG's...

SP Zambrano
2B/3B/SS Hall

First off, that doesn't help me much at all. Sure, Tejada is tempting, but not only would I be losing one of my best SP's and a versatile infielder, I don't even have a need for a SS or 2B with Sanchez (2B/3B/SS), Lugo (SS), and Hall (2B/3B/SS) already. If I played Tejada and Uggla, I'd have to use my everyday Sanchez at Util, which limits me. And need I even have to mention what losing Zambrano would do to my pitching numbers?

Besides, take a look at the numbers and you'll see I would not be "improving my overall team value" much at all:

Code:

LW    LM    '06   '05

SS Tejada    23    80    357   549
2B Uggla     19    63    320   ---

TOT          42   143    677   

IF Hall      29    71    305   420
SP Zambrano  31    84    304   459

TOT          60   155    609

JG "Gain"   -18   -12    +68

IF Sanchez   17    88    300   296 (for comparison)

So not only would I have LOST points the past month, had we done this a month ago, I also have to consider the points I'd LOSE by replacing Zambrano with someone not as good (who could easily wipe out the 68 pts I would've "gained" had we done this on Day 1). Besides, I consider the "what have you done for me lately" (past month) stats more than the season stats.

My strength so far has been pitching (knock on Woody) -- why would I weaken my pitching staff w/o considerably improving my offense?

I also have to think what YOUR motivation is in making this offer. Obviously you're not going to present a trade that doesn't benefit you at all. And why would I want to help improve your team, or any team I'm competing against? :p You have 2 Ace SPs already; why should I (or anyone trying to beat you) give you another one?

However, if you want to show me how I'd be better off accepting this trade, it should be interesting reading...

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations