Quote:
Originally posted by J Geoff:
I understand perfectly what you're talking about -- I always have -- but what's that they said about a bird in the hand? :p The points I have cannot be taken away: Yet you're speculating on future points you don't even have yet, and who knows, you may never get. :p
I addressed that question days ago, but you never answered.

It's a question of where you want to draw the line.

If you have a 100 point lead and I have, say, four starts in hand on you, then obviously you have the advantage.

If you have a 100 point lead and I have 7-8 starts in hand, it's real close.

But if you have a 100 point lead, and I have 10 starts in hand, I'd rather be in my position than yours, despite the fact that "yes", I'm "speculating" about how many points I can get with those 10 starts.

As far as yesterday goes....

Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
I can't wait to hear how using 4 SP + 3 RP for 17 points equals a positive day. :p
it sounds like Jl is taking over for JG is the "Master of Silly Comments" :p

I'm still waiting for someone to show me where any of my math or logic was faulty anywhere.

Just talking about starting pitching here, because I've been breaking down all three categories separately....

Definite advantage yesterday for JG.

I got 19 points using four starts, JG got 30 points using three.

No way I can make that sound good for me.

There are a few different ways of figuring out what that's worth, but I'll figure that if JG had used four starts also, based on his average he would've gotten about 44 points, so in starting pitching he gained about
25 for the day.

A gain which was more than offset by my gain in offense and relief pitching.

Anyway, I'll work out a new PL vs. JG projection, with full analysis and all the math sometime before Thursday.

"Difficult....not impossible"