You say the silliest things sometimes. :rolleyes:

So silly that it makes me wonder if you really understand what the hell I'm talking about half the time.

But then I think back to how I know you in "real life" and how you're a smart guy and everything, and I say to myself "Nah...he's just being a ballbreaker."

Anyway.....

Here I am, away until Monday night.

I was here once before about two years ago, and one of the amenitites that aided the selection process was the computer that they had which was available for the guests to use.

Well, the computer is still here, but now it's hooked up to a credit card swiper at $12 an hour.

A reasonable price, and you guys are certainly worth it, but I'm afraid that I have to sadden you all by saying that I won't be making any lengthy posts or calculating any standings or projections.

As far as last night goes, an amazing performancxe by Lackey....

Retiring the last 27 guys in a row, reminds me a famou game back in the early 1920's maybe, when Babe Ruth was a pitcher and still with the Red Sox.

It went something like this:

He started the game, walked the lead-off batter, and got ejected for arguing the call with the umpire.

So a reliever, Ernie Shore, came in and the guy on base was either thrown out stealing or erased in a double play, and then Shore proceeded to retire 26 or 27 in a row - a perfect relief appearance in which he got 27 outs.

As far as last night goes (and Lackey's 50 was the high game of the season and probably one of the highest - if not the highest - "game scores" in who knows how long - here's how I figure it for "projection purposes":

Lackey and Zambrano combined for 71 points.

Since my FPPG average is around 14, that 71 is worth +43 to JG.

In other words, when I make up those two starts all I can expect to get is 28 points.

So no, I'm not gonna try and argue that I decreased my deficit last night.

"Difficult....not impossible"