Last   Last    2006    2005
             Week   Month  

2B Uggla       5      83     262     ---
1B NJohnson   19      79     288     429
OF Winn       30      90     252     506
SP Capuano    10      83     239     313

for...

SP Schmidt    14      70     256     243
The thing about this offer is there are too many players involved here. I'd obviously have to drop or swap:

Uggla - A fine rookie performance, but which 2B would I have to give up: Jeff Kent or Freddy Sanchez? Nah. Bill Hall is the only one I could consider replacing, but I don't think Uggla is significantly better as a backup.

Nick Johnson & Randy Winn - I had these two on my roster before! Do I really need Johnson with Derek Lee, Kent, and Youkilis? I wouldn't mind getting Winn back, though, as my OF is probably the weakest part of my team.

PL's trade is actually Capuano for Schmidt. The rest are just tempting red herrings ("1041 fantasy points for only 256!"). Plaw's had a hard-on for Schmidt all season, but Cap's had somewhat better numbers. But again, Schmidt tends to get a little better in the 2nd half while Cap tends to freefall (12-11, 4.97) with a career ERA of 6.14 in August. Milwaukee also gives up a lot more runs than San Fran, which wouldn't help Cap's numbers either.

What I need is an OF better than Encarnacion, Thames and Kemp (besides Holliday, who's not available). So, when I get a chance I'll think about a possible counter-offer. Trouble is, PL doesn't have many OF reserves and pretty much NEEDS Winn... unless he has his eyes on a free agent.

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations