Quote:
Originally posted by Tony Mosrite:
I've already said that, and I'll say it again now: my experience in this kind of game is equals to ZERO so it may sound like a crazy thing to do, I dunno, but if we just didn't charge the losing pitcher with anything (like in Salary Cap), wouldn't it be fixed?

relievers wouldn't mind getting a BS and a L because it wouldn't mean -20 pts anymore, and I believe it'd also help the starters, because at least the way I see it, this scoring system is too up and down for them. I don't know if I'm tripping or what, but I believe 90% of the times your starters get either a +20 or a -10.

if a guy works 6 innings, with let's say 7 H, 2 ER, 2 BB and 3 K and grabs the Loss, he gets 1 lousy point, even though he did a nice work and "gave his team a chance to win". if his team scored 3 runs and not only 1, he'd get 14 pts. too much of a difference even though he did not have the smallest influence in the outcome.
We'll do something to fix the problem next season.

Maybe fewer negative points for a Loss and Save opportunity, or more points for a Win and a Save.

"Difficult....not impossible"