Quote:
Originally posted by plawrence:
They cannot have a total of more than 162 games started by their SPs, just as in our league.

They can, however, have an unlimited number of game appearances by their relief pitchers, just as in our league.
I guess I almost get it, but...

NO starter on the planet is gonna start 162 games -- and no reliever on the planet is gonna relieve 162 games in a year.

My question is, what's the difference, tho?

We designate 6 SP's to share 162 games (max)... We have what, 5 RPs -- none of whom can "play" more than 162 times/ year... so how is THAt "unlimited"? RPs rack up games much quicker than SPs, and technically, since no team plays more than 162 games/ year... I still don't get how RP appearances can be "unlimited"...

A Starter won't play that many, but 162 games are divided amongst all your staters. At the same time, tho, a Reliever cannot play that many either -- so why aren't RP appearances limited?

I studied Italian for 2 semesters. Not once was a "C" pronounced as a "G", and never was a trailing "I" ignored! And I'm from Jersey! tongue lol

Whaddaya want me to do? Whack a guy? Off a guy? Whack off a guy? --Peter Griffin

My DVDs | Facebook | Godfather Filming Locations