Now that everyone except LZ has at least 5 or 6 pitching starts and everyone has kninda been through their "rotation" once, with no pitchers starting a second game, it's time to take a shot at a "Prpjected Points Total" for everybody.

The reasoning here is that the "Raw" point totals provided by Yahoo are important, but fail to give a complete picture because they are heavily influenced by the number of games at each position and the number of pitching starts you have used already.

By assuming that everyone reaches their 162 game maximum at each position (pitching starts included), we can project a final season's total based on the average number of points scored already with the sample - albeit limited - that we have after 6 days.

I'm not gonna provide all the calculations here, just the final totals.

If anyone wants to do the math (yeah, right :rolleyes: ), here's the formula:

(OPTS/OPU x 1458) + (SPTS/SPU x 162) + (RPTS/NDP x 183)

(Note: Where "NDP" is the number of days we are into the 183 day season.)

Code:
CC  9876
PL  8993
TM  8488
JL  7198
DA  6813
JG  5928
LZ  5672
DB  4661
DJ  3792
As I said when the season started, I decided to use the raw point totals to determine the waiver priority order since, unlike basketball, I didn't expect there to be much differnce between the raw totals and the projected totals, which proved to be the case (Besides, changing the waiver priority every morning based on the raw point totals takes about 10 seconds - this took about 10-15 minutes to figure out).

Also, again, the sample size is quite small, and badly skewed by the huge negative point totals in starting pitching by DB and DJ.

plawrence
Commissioner

--------------------
Working harder to serve you better.

"Difficult....not impossible"