Gkad you mentioned "extended stats"

I had originally said that I would determine the waiver priority order based not only on the standings, but on the standings based on "Projected Points" (like I do in basketball), rather than on the raw point totals that Yahoo provides.

However.....I realized when attempting to figure out "Projected Points" there is a lot of work involved, since there are three separate components involved - Starting Pitching, Relief Pitching, and Offense - all of which have to be treated and weighted differently.

So....I'm just gonna adjust the waiver order every day based on the Yahoo standings.

After everyone's team "settles in" there aren't gonna be that many waiver claims anyway (I don't think).

What I will do every 5-7 days or so is post a standings which are based on projected points scored for the season so everyone has an idea of how the are doing relative to everyone else when taking into account how many games of their maximums they have used up, and when I do it the first time, I'll post the formula.

Another little glitch which I've noticed is yahoo's failure to give us two essential pieces of information:

1- A running total of how many games we've used at each offensive position (again, as they do in basketball) so we can monitor our own progress towards the 162 game maximum.

I have to believe, though, that since they offer as part of the game set-up a "maximum number of games at each position (for non-pitchers)" that this information will be forthcoming eventually, and if it doesn't appear within the next few days I'll write to Yahoo and ask them what's going on.

If necesaary, that's something I can keep track of manually and post every day.

2- The other bit of info which they don't seem to be offering as of yet is the "Game Log" for each team.

That's the little thingy that keeps track of how many points, category by category, each of your players has scored for you, and that's the raison d'etre for having made "Starts" by a SP a stat category.

The thinking was that by looking at your "Game Log" it would tell you how many starts anyone you had ever used as a SP had made when you had that SP in your lineup as a starter.

Since that seems to be absent (so far) as well, that's another bit of info that, if necessary, I will keep track of manually and post daily.

So, JG......

In answer to your question.....

I will come up with some kind of "extended stats" posting every day which contains the information that we all need.

I'm just not sure yet what it should (and will) include, and probably won't be for at least a gfew days until we see what info Yahoo is gonna give us and what we're gonna have to figure out ourselves, and also I want to wait until we have a few more games under our belts so the stas start to take on a little bit of meaning.

So for now, just the standings and a raw points total is fine.

The only addition I made to your post is an accounting of the number of starts by your starting pitchers ("SPU" - "Starting Pitchers Used"), since that's a key stat in the march to the 162 game maximum, and one that that greatly affects the standings.

( NB...I also changed Don Jasini's initials from the "JA" you called him to the "DJ" that I think I've been calling him all along).

Just for the record, in case anyone has forgotton....
Code:
DB   Don Sicilia
PL   plawrence
LZ   Letizia
JL   Just Lou
CC   Beth
DJ   Don Jasini
JG   JGeoff
TM   Tony Mosrite
DA   Don Andrew

"Difficult....not impossible"