Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
[quote]Originally posted by plawrence:
[b]

The top six closers all had more points than any of the true middle relievers.
So 6 people will have closers that are valuable, and the other 39 relief pitchers draft won't be.

I don't have any part time starters on my list, and they all have well over 200 points. Much more than I can say about 2/3 of the closers. ...Miscalculating ER's did change the values more towards the closers. I give you that much. [/b][/quote]Maybe I'm missing your point, but I don't understand what you mean by "39 relief pitchers won't be"

Yeah, 39 RPs won't be as valuable as the top 6.

The top 6 RPs are closers, as are 11 of the top 14 and 17 of the top 29.

As I said, the best closers are more valuable than the best set-up men, the bset set-up men are more valuable than the next level of closers, the next level of closers are more valuable than the next level of set-up men, and so on, which I think is how it should be.

Also, I don't know where you're getting your figures from.

There were 12 RPs with more than 200 points last year, and 9 of them were closers, so yeah, those 3 set-up men with more than 200 points have more points than 2/3 of the closers, but there are only three of them. How about the rest of the closers who across the board pretty much have more points than the set-up men?

"Difficult....not impossible"