The idea of the commissioner taking over the management of abandoned teams was in response to JG's initial faulty reasoning and my initial faulty agreement with him (before we realized that we were both faulty), so that's a mott point anyway.

You're right about the reasoning for wanting as many players as possible:

To dilute the talent pool so that everyone doesn't have a 25-man all-star team, which wouldn't be as interesting as it is when you have to dive a bit deeper into the pool for players.As fae as playing for money goes, well, i see your point, of course, and i would never, say, play poker, even with friends, "just for fun."

But for some reason I find this to be different.

Maybe because it's more like a hobby - something you can return to at anytime, like a stamp collection or something, whenever the spirit moves you.

Sure, being a gambler I'd love to play for money, buy simply playing this here for glory and bragging rights is good enough for me, and apparently for others as well. Some folks even play in public leagues, with strangers no less, with whom bragging rights mean nothing.

Anyway, JB, the whole issue of doormant teams and people dropping out had been pretty much resolved before your post.

When I PMed you, which was prior to that discussion (which only really took place last night), it was to invite you to play, and also, since I know you're an experienced player, to solicit your comments more on the league configuration and scoring system than anything else.

Apparently you didn't go that far back in your reading the thread. :p

If you change your mind and decide to play, we'll probably have a cutoff date for joining around March 13th or so, a week before the draft.

"Difficult....not impossible"