OK...how's this:

As in Basketball, I'll be watching this game very closely.

I expect to be posting the scores every day the same way I do in B. Ball, and I'll notice right away when a manager stops participating, and when a player who was injured and benched prior to his manager's stopping playing is now playing again, because stats will now be showing up for him every day.

So what I'll do in that case is take over managing that team myself, but I'll post all the changes that I make, so if anyone disagrees they'll have the chance to voice their opinion.

So, in effect, the entire league will be managing his team, not just myself.

At worst, maybe a Pujols will be back one or two days before I realize that he's back and fail to puut him back in as a starter, but that could happen even if his manager is actively participating. Maybe he just wasn't around for a day or two.

I'm not wild about that solution - it will be areal pain managing the pitching staff - so I'll give it some more thought.

But on the other hand, a league with only 5-6 teams doesn't seem like it would be too interesting, unless we ran it like basketball, using two guys every day at each position, which would force us to dig deeper into the player pool during the draft.

"Difficult....not impossible"