Quote:
Originally posted by Just Lou:
So basically if we have a reliever on the same team as one of our starters, we have to hope our starter doesn't pitch a complete game, otherwise we'll get penalized for not getting to our RP.
BTW, the top 36 starters last year, based on this scoring system, pitched a total of 83 complete games between the 36 of them, so I don't see that being much of a factor.

Any CG means one helluva start, and I don't think anyone is gonna complain if they have Pedro and Wagner and Pedro pitches a CG and Wagner doesn't pitch that day.

Look, we could set up this game any way we want to.

We could have 8 outfielders and no catchers or second baseman.

We could 4 SPs and 2 RPs, or all SPs or no SPs.

We could make RBIs worth 2 points each or 10 points each.

We could make RPs themost valuable players to have or the least valuable.

We could do the same for hitters or SPs.

We could make HBPs more important than home runs.

The bottom line is that the stat categories and their values are the same for all of us, so it doesn't really matter how we set it up.

I think the problem here is, with all due respect and no offense meant, is that you've played this before and have a pre-conceived idea about how it "should" be.

I haven't, and I don't think that JG or DM have either (Beth doesn't really care what we do or how we do it ), so we have a completely open mind here.

To me, the way it should be is the way we want it to be, and I don't think you've given me any logical reasons yet why it shouldn't be this way.

"Difficult....not impossible"