A real life manager won't have the type of quallity we'll have on our team on the bench, or as their starters at every position, either.

That's more a function of the fact that we won't have 12 players in out league, but rather, only (probably - hopefully) 6.

While it's true that saves count for more points then wins, that's by far the most important category for a RP.

More important, in fact, than actual "wins" are for a SP.

Today, if a starter goes 6-7 innings and leaves the game ahead, tied, or even one run behind, he's considered to have done his job.

The actual number of SP "wins" are often a function of run support as much as anything else.

Bottom line, though, is that if you look at last year's point toals by all pitcher, I think you'll agree that, as I said, relief pitxhers fall in where they belong on the scale of how valuable they are in relation to the rest of the pitchers, and the rest of the players.

I could greatly reduce the value of relief pitchers, but relative to each other their value would still be the same, so you'd still need to draft the best 5 you could get.

All that would do is change where they would be drafted.

As it stands now, the best RPs, I think, still figure to score fewer points than just about any of the offensive players you will take.

"Difficult....not impossible"