Here's another change I made (Don't worry....I'll summarize all the stat categories and their point values and my reasoning and the implications on draft strategy in the near future, so there will be one post to refer to....):

I eliminated the "Total Bases Allowed" (-1 value) category from the pitching stats and replaced it with "Hits Allowed", also with a value 0f -1.

Here's my logic:

Using TBs for -1:

If Pitcher A pitches one inning (+3), and allows five singles (-5) which lead to three earned runs (-9), he ends up with a -11 for the inning.

If Pitcher B pitches one inning (+3), and allows two solo homers (-8) which produce only two earned runs (-6), he ends up with the same -11 for the inning.

Seems to me that the guy who gave up the three runs had a worse inning than the guy who gave up only two.

If we simply charge a pitcher with -1 for each hit, then in the above example the pitcher who allowed the three runs winds up with a -11, and the pitcher who allowed only two winds up with a -5.

Also, if you look at it at a point at the beginning or the middle of the inning:

Let's say Pitcher A allows singles to the first five batters, thee runs score, and he's taken out.

Using the "Total Bases" method, his score for the game is -14.

Meanwhile, Pitcher B allows solo homers to the first two batters and then is taken out of the game.

His score for the game is also -14.

But which pitcher left his team in worse shape?

Why should they both get a -14 when Pitcher B left the game with no one on and nobody out and two runs in, while Pitcher A left the game with two men on, nobody out, and three runs in?

Using the ESPN method of -1 for each hit, in the example above Pitcher B leaves the game with a -8, and Pitcher A leaves the game with a -11 which, since he left his team worse off, makes more sense to me.

"Difficult....not impossible"