That's fine with me.

I was just thinking of everyone else.

But it won't be much fun if no one else wants to play because of the pre-draft research they're gonna have to do b/c that know that you and I are gonna do it.

But carrying your logic one step further, isn't any out made by a batter a negative?

We start doing that, and a guy who has a season like this:

600 ABs
35 Doubles
8 Triples
25 Homers
112 Singles (giving him a .300 batting average)
100 Runs
100 RBIs
60 Walks
420 Outs

Will finish the season with 146 FPs, less than 1 FPPG.

Even counting strikeouts only, from a typically good offensive player with power, subtracting 100 strikeouts willl bring his FPPG average down more than half a point per game.

And this, in turn, will overvalue pitching.

You want to talk about realistic......

Real life baseball only counts "outs" made by hitters as a negative in the context of those categories which are bsed on percentages: Batting Average, On Base Percentage, and Slugging Percentage.

Everyting ele is what Bill James calls a "countng" stat (you guys have heard this before, I think): Homers, RBIs, Runs, Doubles, Triples, etc.

Strangely, they award the Home Run Championship based on the number of homers, not number of homers per at bat.

Yet the Batting Championship is based not on the number of hits, but the number of hiys per at bat.

So what's my point?

I dunno.

I guess what I'm saying is that for the purposes of realism, MLB only counts outs in their "percentage" categories, and our game, being, in effect, a game in which only a players daily "counting" stats count for points, it's inconsistent to subtract strikeouts - which are not necessarily any worse than any other kind of out (if Mike Piazza is up with a man on first and less than two out, I'd rather see him strike out than hit a ground ball to short, for example) anyway.

And if we subtract all of a guys outs, the offensive totals will be ridiculously low.

We could, for simplicity, leave the entire scoring system just like ESPN Salary Cap. Forget about HBP, WP, CS, Pitching Losses, Sac Flys & Bunts, Subtracting Total Bases from a pitcher's total, rather than just hits....

But over the years we've discussed all of the above, I believe, and mostly agreed that using those stats would improve the game.

I don't remember the subject of batter's strikeouts or batter's outs ever coming up for discussion.

So what are you saying, JG? If we don't count batter's strikeouts a a negative, you don't want to play?

"Difficult....not impossible"