Here's what i did so far. Nothing is engraved in stone, and cpmments are inviyed.

Please read; there are some questions in there also;

League ID#: 6265

League Name: Gangster BB

Password: Corleone

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Mon Mar 20 9:30pm EST

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Points Only

Player Universe: All baseball

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2 days

Trade End Date: July 30, 2006

Waiver Time: 2 days

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Max Games Played: 162 at each position except pitcher

They don't give you the option of limiting your starting pitchers to 162 games total as I had hoped, which, since the best SPs typically start 33-35 games each season, would have added the strategy element of having to decide when not to use a SP. I set it up with 5 starting pitchers and 5 relievers, but they all play every day, since there could be days when anywhere from none to all of your pitchers could play)

Max Innings Pitched: No maximum

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Sunday, Apr 2

Roster Positions:
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, LF, CF, RF, Util
SP, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, RP, RP
BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN
DL, DL, DL, DL, DL

Every day you'll have one starter at each offensive position. the "utility" spot will be your DH. Keep in mnd when drafting that the 6 bench players can play any position, so you'll probably want to compose your bench like a real MLB team. The 7 (including your utility player who can play a position also, so he doesn't necessarily have to be your DH every day) would be something like one extra infielder at each position, 2 extra outfielders, and one extra catcher.

Keep in mind, however, that with the max # of games at each position being 162, if one of your starters misses an odd game here or there when he stubs his toe, the only way to make that game up is on a day when his team is off, and then you have to hope that your bench player's team isn't also off that day. So this game will require daily attention.

Stat Categories:
Hitting: R, RBI, SB, CS, BB, HBP, TB
Pitching: W, L, SV, OUT, ER, BB, HBP, K, WP, BLK, HLD, TB

These are the same categories offered by ESPN in the daily Salary Cap Game, with a few additions: In hitting, there's "Caught Stealing" (CS), to which I assigned a value of -1, and "Hit By Pitch" (HBP), a +1.

They also give you the option of assigning a value to "Sacrifice Hits" and "Sacrifice Flys". I didn't assign the, any value, but was thinking of +1 for each, since they are positive accomplishments.

In pitching, there's "Saves" (SV), HBP, "Wild Pitches" (WP), "Balks" (BLK), and "Holds" (HLD). See values below.

The "TB" (Total Bases) category is in lieu of the "Hits" category that the ESPN Salary Cap game uses. Instead of -1 for each hit allowed, which treats a home run with the same value as a single, this category will value each total base allowed as -1.

They also give you the option of assigning a value to "Complete Games" and "Shutouts". As rare as these two events are, maybe they should have a value of, say, +2 or +3. Kinda like "bonus points".

Stat Modifiers:
Hitting:
R (1)
RBI (1)
SB (1)
CS (-1)
BB (1)
HBP (1)
TB (1)

Same as ESPN, except for +1 for HBP and -1 for CS.

Pitching: W (6)
L (-6)
SV (3)
OUT (1)
ER (-3)
BB (-1)
HBP (-1)
K (1)
WP (-1)
BLK (-1)
HLD (1)
TB (-1)

A few big differences here: +6 for a "Win" instead of +5, because remember; In the ESPN game you get points for the entire pitching staff. here, you'll only get the "Win Points" if your starter actually gets credit for the win.

Also, a BIG question: A put a -6 value on a starter getting the "Loss". Do we want that, and if so, should that be the value?

Also, I liked the symetry of the values here: + or -6 for a win or loss, +3 for a "Save", +1 for a "Hold".

DB, JG, DM.....Questions and comments, please.

And, of course, from anyone else who wants to play (*cough*MOAAFS*cough*).

"Difficult....not impossible"