Quote:
Originally posted by goombah:
Now that the Indians choked, I don't care who wins the World Series. I hope NY and Boston both get clobbered b/c outside of their respected cities, I don't think the majority of Americans give a rip about seeing another NY-Bos matchup.

The Yankees remind me so much of the 2003 Lakers - tons of superstars, but not able to get it done. I'll be really surprised if NY's suspect pitching gets them out of the ALCS. Then again, all the pitching in the AL sucks right now. Each team has one or two good starters and some relievers, but there are no dominant AL pitching teams.

I'm still pissed the Indians couldn't win 2 f--king games this week - 6 of which were at home. But that's what a smaller market team gets these days with a cheapskate for an owner. And please don't tell me they'll be good next year. Millwood probably won't come back b/c he'll be too expensive for ownership. C.C. Sabathia is as inconsistent as he is fat. And the main reason Cliff Lee won 18 games was that he averaged 6 runs in support.

Hopefully the freaking Cavs can make some noise in the playoffs this year at least...
I'm sorry but That's for Cleveland not making the playoffs. Both Florida & Cleveland made strong playoff pushes and didn't get in. I'm more surprised at Cleveland because they were so hot and gave the Yanks a good scare