Just do what I did. Be honest (none of this switch the Blockbuster disc nonsense). I had my DVD over a year (from Circuit City) when I fianlly decided to sit down and watch GFI in full. I then discovered it had a skipping problem. I went down the next day and spoke with the manager and explained my problem (with receipt in hand). She was more than happy to replace that disc. She just opened a boxed set off the shelf and we exchanged discs. They just ship the defective boxed sets back anyway. Just make sure you clearly state your not trying to return anything nor want any money back. That's when you'll have a problem. This also worked with a problem I had with a disc on the boxed set of "The World at War" series. In case anyone was going to ask what took me so long, I was again prepared to tell the truth. GF is on so often on television, there was no need for me to see the DVD, and when I did need to I discovered the problem. The "World at War" set was different. That is a 26 part series and my problem was with episode 20 something. So in that case time was going to go by 20 episodes into the series before you discover something. For the most part, these places do want to make there customers happy and satisfy them within reason.

"A lawyer with his briefcase can steal more than a hundred men with guns" - Don Vito Corleone